Mobile Buying Tips and Guide
Display size has an important role in the form factor
- Compact form factor makes it easy to carry
- Comfortable one-handed usage
- Easy to grip, less prone to accidents
- Less weight adds to the comfort
- Media consumption
- Spaced out keyboard for typing
- Frequent web browsing
- Enjoying latest games on your smartphone
- Awesome experience when watching videos
- Ideal for mobile gaming
- Easy readability for e-magazines
- Better video conferencing/chat experience
The display resolution plays an important role on how you enjoy content on your phone.
- Good for phones with 5-inch or lower screen size
- Comparatively consumes less battery life
- Good for screen size between 5 to 5.7-inch
- Suits video viewing and gaming
- Good for 5.5-inch and above screen size
- Suits applications like VR gaming, multi-window apps
Camera performance of your smartphone depends on the aperture, camera setup used and the pixel size.
Expressed as an f-number, aperture plays an important role on low-light performance of a smartphone camera.
Uses combination of 2 cameras to capture images
Offer higher quality photos in terms of colors and details
Can shoot DSLR-like photos with background blur
Some models use dual camera to offer optical zoom
- Uses 2 identical cameras in terms of sensor resolution lens aperture
- Captures colors and details separately with individual cameras
- Merges the 2 photos to give a sharper image with rich colors
- Offers optical zoom without the bulk
- Captures DSLR-like portraits with soft background
- Lenses’ aperture is not the same on both cameras
- Offers wide-angle shooting
- Great for capturing landscapes
- Uses 2 diverse types of lens
When it comes to selfie cameras, look for the following aspects.
- As explained above, lower aperture = better photos
- Helps take good quality low-light selfie without using flash
- Opt for dual selfie for background blur (bokeh)
- Ones with wide-angle dual selfie camera fits more people in the frame
- Front flash helps take bright, well-lit selfies in dark environments
- Dual tone front flash helps in capturing natural-looking skin tones
Want a phone with good battery life? Check the battery capacity!
The higher the battery capacity, better the battery life. Here’s a table that should give you some idea on what you can expect.
Fingerprint sensors add a layer of security and convenience to your smartphone.
Unlock phone by your fingerprint, say bye bye to passwords
Fingerprint sensors are more secure over password protection
You can assign fingerprint protection to apps as well
The overall design of a smartphone plays an important role in the final user experience. Here are the key design elements and their benefits.
- Adds a level of sturdiness
- Smooth metal finish lends a premium look
- Metal body cools device faster
- Made of a single piece of metal
- High quality build with rounded corners for comfortable in-hand fit
- Non-removable battery
- The bigger screen in a smaller form factor
- Attractive looks with the maximum screen-to-body ratio
- 18:9 screen offers an immersive viewing experience
LATEST OPERATING SYSTEM
Buying a smartphone that runs on the latest operating system offers quite a few benefits
- Updated security for peace of mind
- Latest software optimization for smooth performance
- Get all the latest features that are introduced with new OS versions
CHECK HERE TO FIND THE BEST MOBILES